Check out the color of the Asian eggplant in YouTube chef Tom Lin’s stir fry recipe — pure purple power:
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Receive selected content straight into your inbox.
The Chinese believe that food should be bright and colorful to arouse the appetite, and present like a piece of art. When you have all the vegetables sizzling in the wok, you add in the XO sauce to fuse all the flavors together in harmony — another important aspect of Chinese cuisine.
- 1 Asian eggplant chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1/2 of carrot sliced
- 1/4 cup of chopped green onion
- 2 tsp of dried hot chili
- 2 tsp of vegetable cooking oil
- 1 tsp of minced ginger and 1 tsp of minced garlic
- 2 tsp of XO paste
- 1 tsp of sherry cooking wine
- 1 tsp of fish sauce
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 2 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 2 oz of water
- Drizzle sesame oil to finish