- 1 pound (500gm) Calamari
- 3 Kaffir lime leaves, stems removed
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper or chili powder
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp flour
1. Place calamari in the freezer till it is just about turning hard (freezing ensures it remains cold during blending later). Remove and cut into small pieces and place in a blender. Add salt and blend at high speed for 1 minute.
2. Add cayenne pepper, cornstarch, and flour and blend at medium speed for 1 minute. Remove from blender.
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Receive selected content straight into your inbox.
3. Cut Kaffir lime leaves into small pieces. Add to calamari mix along with sesame oil and stir into a paste.
4. Place the paste in the freezer for about 10 minutes. Then, remove the paste from the freezer and shape into nuggets with a spoon (dip the spoon in water to prevent sticking).
5. Cook either by grilling till brown (set the grill to high) OR steaming till cooked (over boiling water).
6. Your Calamari Nuggets are ready to serve!