- 1 pound 5 ounces (600 gm) cooked lobster
- 1/2 pound (250 gm) fresh scallops
- 3/4 cup French beans
- 1 carrot (small)
- 3 shallots (sliced)
- 2 slices ginger
- 1 chili (cut into pieces)
- 2 cloves garlic (mashed)
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cooking wine
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 tbsp bean paste
- 1 tsp cooking wine
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1.5 tsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 8 Butterfly pea flower petals (usually used as herbal tea), soaked in boiling water
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3 pandan leaves
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. Mix together all ingredients for rice and cook in coconut milk and butterfly pea flower water (Basmati rice requires more water).
2. Marinate scallops with cooking wine and a pinch of pepper.
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Receive selected content straight into your inbox.
3. Cut lobster meat into pieces, retain head and tail.
4. Add oil to the wok and fry sliced shallots till brown. Take out 1 tbsp of oil and all the fried shallots from the wok (to be used when cooking the lobster meat in Step 7 later).
5. Sauté ginger, chili, and mashed garlic till fragrant.
6. Add in scallops. When half cooked, add in vegetables.
7. When almost cooked, add in lobster meat, oil, and fried shallots (from Step 4 above) along with all sauce ingredients (except cornstarch and water).
8. Stir in cornstarch and water to thicken the sauce.
9. You are now ready to serve your Lobster and Scallops With Coconut Flavored Rice.