These Delectable Vegetarian Patties are so fluffy and delicious. Who wants to buy store-made when making it by scratch is actually very simple? Tofu is a favorite protein in my family, containing all nine essential amino acids. It is a good source of iron, calcium, and the minerals magnesium, copper, zinc, and Vitamin B1. It is a perfect vegetarian recipe that is in no way bland and great for a mid-week family meal. We serve ours with a garden salad, but you could also add bread to the outside if you wanted to eat it burger-style.
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Receive selected content straight into your inbox.
Soft tofu (mashed) – 14 oz (400 g)
Green beans (scald in boiling water and then in cold water, cut into small pieces) – ½ c (100 g)
Carrot (cut into small pieces) – 1
Cabbage leaves (shredded) – 2
Leek (shredded) – 1
Red onion (cut in half and chopped into short strips) – 1
Mushrooms (soak in water to soften and cut into pieces) – 4
Sesame seeds – 2 Tbsp
Plain flour – ⅓ cup
Rice flour – ⅓ cup
Tapioca flour – 2 Tbsp
Water – ½ cup
Egg – 1
Sesame oil – 2 Tbsp
Garlic powder (optional) – 1 Tbsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Pepper or chili powder – 1 pinch
- Mix A ingredients and B ingredients together evenly. Then add in C ingredients and mix evenly.
- Heat oil (3 tbsp) in a flying pan over medium heat, place 4 egg rings in the pan.
- Scoop the veggie mixture into the rings, press lightly with a spoon.
- When the mixture has taken shape, remove the rings, fry both sides till golden brown in color.
- Remove and put aside.
- Repeat 4 & 5 until all the mixture is used up.
- Ready to serve.
- (Deep fry method is another option)