These delightful Asian Cabbage Wraps are loaded with tasty vegetables and perfect for a flavor-filled vegetarian meal with a perfect balance of protein and vegetables. They are actually pretty easy to make and if you have a gluten-free guest, the only thing to adjust in the recipe would be to purchase GF soy sauce.
It’s as simple as that and these Asian Cabbage Wraps are a meal that will make any guest feel special in its presentation — they look like a special gift. But the true gift is not just the nurturing to your body this meal provides, but the gift of sharing time together over the dinner table with family and friends.
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Receive selected content straight into your inbox.
Tofu – 4 oz (100g)
Button mushroom (cut into cubes) – 4 oz (100 g)
Eggs – 2
Kidney beans (from can) – ½ c (100 g)
Green beans (cut into small pieces) – ½ c (100 g)
Carrot (small, cut into cubes) – 1
Sesame seeds – 2 tbsp
Cabbage leaves – 6
Green onion (top part) – 6 leaves
Oil – 2 tbsp
Sesame oil – 1 tbsp
Soy sauce – 1 tbsp
Salt – ¼ tsp
Pepper – 1 pinch
- Beat eggs, add in a pinch of salt. Fry with 1 tbsp oil. Take out and cut into small pieces.
- Boil cabbage leaves until softened. Take out and dip into cold water to maintain color.
- Trim and flatten cabbage stem where necessary for ease of wrapping.
- Put spring onion in boiling water for 1 minute. Remove and dip into cold water. Take out and put aside.
- Heat up oil in a wok. When it is hot, fry cut green beans and carrots.
- When it is almost done cooking, stir in tofu, kidney beans , mushrooms, and fried eggs. Add in sauce ingredients.
- Lastly, stir in sesame seeds.
- Take out content from the wok and put aside.
- Wrap the fried content with cabbage leaves and tie with spring onions or chives.
- Steam for 5 minutes.
- Take out and serve.