Salmon would have to be the tastiest fish in the sea. This Flavorsome Braised Salmon is loaded with nutrients and leaves a great taste in your mouth. Salmon is a great protein to eat with the omega-3 fatty acids being key to supporting a healthy heart. Salmon is also listed as one of the top “Brain Foods,” is anti-inflammatory, and supports healthy aging. You could pair this with steamed rice or a fresh salad.
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Receive selected content straight into your inbox.
Salmon – cut into two pieces, 14 ounces (400g)
Cucumber (cut into strips) – 1
Carrot (cut into strips) – 1
Red onion (sliced) – 1
Ginger – 3 slices
Spring onion (use part near the roots, cut into strips) – 1 stalk
Garlic (chopped) – 1 clove
Oil – 1 tbsp
Flour – 1 tbsp
Cooking wine – 1 tsp
Pepper and salt – 1 pinch each
Cornstarch mixture – 1/2 tsp, mixed with 2 tbsp of water
Soy sauce – 1 tbsp
Cooking wine – 1 tbsp
Chili bean paste – 1 tbsp
Sesame oil – 1 tsp
Sugar – 1 tsp
Water – 1 cup
Fried shallot – 1 and 1/2 tbsp
Mix the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Descale and wash salmon, and sprinkle wine, salt, and pepper over it.
- Coat salmon with flour (both sides).
- Heat up oil in a frying pan and use a high temperature to fry both sides of the salmon. When about 50 percent cooked, take out and put aside.
- Stir in onion, ginger, garlic, and spring onion. When there is fragrance, pour in the sauce and put in the salmon, skin facing up. Add carrot.
- When it is boiling, turn to medium heat and cook for 8 minutes with the lid on.
- Stir in cucumber and cook over medium heat for another 2 minutes with the lid on.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixture to thicken the sauce.
- Take out and serve.