Clay pot seafood is a simple but favorable dish that combines seafood, tofu, and vegetables for a hearty main dish that will keep you warm all day.
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Receive selected content straight into your inbox.
Prawns – 250 g (keep the tail, butterfly the back, wash clean)
Scallops – 150 g
Fish fillet 1 piece (cut into pieces)
Tofu – 300 g (1 box, cut into pieces)
Ginger – 2 slices
Spring onion – 2 stalks (use white lower section, sliced)
Broccoli – 1 (cut into pieces)
Carrot – 1 (sliced)
Button mushroom – 5 (cut into halves)
Oil – 3 tbsp
Water -1 and 1/4 cups
Tapioca flour – 1 and 1/4 tsp mix with 2 tbsp of water
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Sesame oil -1 tsp
Cooking wine – 1 tbsp
Pepper – 1 pinch
- Marinate prawns, scallops, and fish with 1 tsp of wine and a pinch of salt for about 10 minutes.
- Heat up oil in a wok. When it is hot, sauté the ginger and spring onion till fragrance.
- Add in the marinated seafood and pan-fry on both sides. Remove and put aside when half cooked.
- Add water and seasoning to the wok. Put in the broccoli, carrots, and mushrooms and cover the wok with a lid. When boiling, add tofu, seafood, and cover with the lid. (Do not stir). Boil for 3 minutes.
- Carefully stir in tapioca flour water to thicken the gravy.
Warm up the clay pot in the microwave for 1 minute then scoop the cooked seafood into it and serve.