Delicious tuna cakes with vegetables plus pumpkin is a meal that will win the hearts of many families. After a hard day’s work, nothing is simpler than using a convenience food such as canned tuna. This healthy food is rich in protein and contains many vitamins and minerals, such as B-complex vitamins, vitamins A and D, as well as iron, selenium, and phosphorus. Tuna also contains healthy omega 3 essential fatty acids DHA and EPA.
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Receive selected content straight into your inbox.
1 x (5 oz) can tuna in olive oil blend (use the tuna and oil)
1 1/2 cups pumpkin (cut, steamed, and mashed)
1/3 cup frozen peas (boiled and slightly mashed)
1 onion (cut into small pieces, fry with 1 tbsp of oil till golden), 1/2 cup
1/2 cup spring onion (sliced)
1tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp salt
1 cup Plain floup
1/4 tsp chili powder (or pepper)
1 cup oat flour
- Place the first 11 listed ingredients into a bowl and mix well, forming a cohesive mass.
- Use a tablespoon to form large tuna patties and a teaspoon for small
- Roll into oat flour and fry according to the method below.
5 tbsp olive oil
1 cup green cabbage (cut into strips)
1/4 cup purple cabbage (cut into strips)
1 cup carrot (cut into strips)
1tbsp cooking wine
1/4 tsp salt
1 pinch pepper
5 dry shiitake mushrooms (soaked and cut into thin strips)
1 tsp oil (vegetable)
1/4 tsp sesame oil
Pinch of salt to season
2 cloves of garlic (sliced)
- Heat up 1 tbsp of oil in a wok. Add in mushrooms and fry. Season with salt and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Heat up 1 tbsp of oil in a wok. Add in garlic and sauté until lightly browned.
- Stir in the cabbage and carrots and when almost cooked, stir in the salt, pepper, and wine.
- To form and fry large fish cakes, coat 1 full tbsp of tuna mixture with oat flour, shape into a ball, and lightly press to flatten.
- Fry 4 each time in 1 tbsp of oil.
- After each batch is fried, clean the wok with hot water to remove any oat flour remnants.
- To form and fry small fish cakes, use 1 tsp of fish cake mixture and roll in oat flour. Slightly press. Pan fry all 16 fish cakes until both sides are browned.