Nowadays, people have become aware of adopting healthy dietary habits, and they are also particular about drinking suitable beverages. But have you wondered about what the ideal beverage is to begin the day? For most people, it is tea or coffee in various forms. However, health experts believe you can give these popular beverages a pass in the morning and drink lemon water instead.
Why drink lemon water in the morning?
Drinking lemon water in the morning can provide you with numerous health benefits. It may also be helpful to keep several health problems at bay.
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Receive selected content straight into your inbox.
- Hydration — If you need to spend a lot of time outdoors and carrying a lot of water is tedious, drinking lemon water infused with some honey can be a good alternative. It helps to fight dehydration and can be beneficial on scorching summer days.
- Digestion — Are you coping with digestive problems and bowel movement woes? Then drinking lemon water can be very good for you as it contains citric acid, which helps break down your food particles in the digestive tract. It also aids in the digestive process by providing relief from indigestion and bloating. Have it before enjoying a heavy meal.
- Immunity enhancer — Are you coping with a poor immune system? Then drinking lemon water can be bliss for your situation as it is enriched with Vitamin C, an essential nutrient that energizes the human immune system. It will also reduce your susceptibility to flu and cold. If you drink it regularly, using a vitamin C supplement will not be required.
- Source of potassium — Potassium is one of the minerals needed by the human body to perform many activities. Potassium helps maintain fluid balance in the body, and it also plays a crucial role in brain functioning and is required to keep bones in good shape. Lemons are enriched with potassium, therefore, you can avoid potassium deficiency and related conditions by drinking lemon water.
- Good breath — Are you coping with bad breath issues, and using mouth fresheners has become a habit? Using lemon water can help you improve your breath. Bad breath is triggered mainly by bacteria in the teeth and throat region and rushing teeth may not be enough to eradicate all bacteria. Drink lemon water, which acts as a powerful antiseptic, may be the answer. Swishit around in the mouth to obtain the best results.
- Fights inflammation — Inflammation in body parts and organs gives rise to several health problems. You can stave off the menace of inflammation by drinking lemon water. Its vitamin C helps generate collagen and plays a role in repairing body parts and skin layers. In addition, the antioxidants in lemons work as potent anti-inflammatory agents, and they help reduce swelling.
- Lose weight easier — Are you coping with obesity and struggling to lose excess flab? It can be of use as it acts as an appetite suppressant agent. Lemon contains pectin, a fiber type that helps reduce hunger pangs. In addition, lemon juice is low in calories.
How to drink lemon water
You can sip warm it infused with a dash of salt and a teaspoon of honey. However, you may also drink it chilled on scorching summer days. However, drinking it warm is recommended. You may also carry the water in a bottle and sip it when thirsty to evade dehydration during the day.
Are there any downsides?
It is acidic, so after drinking lemon water, do not brush your teeth immediately. Also, excessive lemon water may lead to an upset stomach. So try to have a couple of glasses a day to obtain the desired results.